Have you ever wondered why dental X-rays are such an important part of your dental visits? Although visual examinations are important, they offer an incomplete picture of your dental health. X-ray ...View Article
Welcome to Liberty Village Dental
Your Dentist in Toronto, ON.
Call us at (416) 533-3323 today.
Welcome to Liberty Village Dental in Toronto, ON. Dr. Richard Carr and the Liberty Village Dental team are pleased to provide high quality dentistry services for your family. We invite you to browse our website to learn more about our practice, and we encourage you to join our patient family by scheduling an appointment at our Toronto practice.
Our goals at Liberty Village Dental are:
- To make you as comfortable and relaxed as possible during your visit
- To provide you with the highest level of professional care
We will work with you to determine how we can best suit your needs, and make your visit a pleasant dental experience.
Your first appointment consists of a complete oral check-up, which includes x-rays, (unless you require any immediate dental treatment). Dr. Carr will explain the results of the check-up with you, make recommendations, and design a treatment plan customized for you.
We understand that for many people a trip to the dentist can be an extremely stressful event, at Liberty Village Dental we have provided a comfortable environment in which you can sit back and relax.
For those who need more help in managing stress levels, there are relaxation and anaesthetic techniques to help you. Anaesthetics for pain-relief help you to avoid discomfort during and after a procedure. Here is a list of medications that can be used. We`re happy to discuss the options with you in person.
- Pain-relievers: These include common medications such as ibuprofen and aspirin, and are usually taken for mild discomfort. A typical procedure requiring a pain reliever would be a root canal or tooth extraction.
- Anaesthetics: These are either topically applied or injected. Anaesthetics are applied to a surface inside the mouth to numb the affected area. They are also used to prepare an area for the injection of an anaesthetic. These medications block signals from the nerves and are used for more major types of procedures, such as fillings and root canals.
- Sedatives: Sedatives are medications that help a patient relax. This can be a powerful tool in avoiding pain and stress. Please speak to Dr. Carr regarding sedation requests.
Featured Articles Toggle Articles
Tooth loss, or edentulism, can affect your ability to eat and speak clearly. Dentists use the term "edentulism" to describe total tooth loss and "partial edentulism" to describe the loss of one or ...View Article
Proper brushing, flossing and regular visits to your dentist are important to protect your teeth from general decay and staining over time. However, maintaining proper oral hygiene affects far mor ...View Article
Brushing your teeth seems relatively straight forward. Many dentists recommend that, in addition to flossing, brushing your teeth twice a day is a solid defense against tooth decay and general dis ...View Article
A dental impression serves as a mold of your mouth. Your dentist uses an impression when an exact replica of your mouth is needed to create dentures, crowns or dental appliances, such as Invisalig ...View Article
Cavities start as tiny holes in your teeth. Initially, they are so small that you may not even know that they exist. Unfortunately, over time, cavities tend to increase in size and cause pain. Und ...View Article
Free take home whitening kit with new patient exam, x-rays, and cleaning.
Sign-up using the form or call us at (416) 533-3323 to take advantage of this exclusive offer.