Cleaning, Polishing & Fluoride
At Liberty Village dental we work closely with you to maintain your oral health in great condition. At home, you should be performing your daily dental hygiene routine, which includes flossing and brushing your teeth at least twice daily. At our dental office, we provide you with some extra care every 3-6 months.
During your regular dental cleaning appointment, we perform the following:
- A full oral check-up (to make sure that your teeth, gums, tongue and mouth in general are disease-free with no potential future dental problems)
- A professional cleaning (to remove the hardened plaque and tartar, which builds up over time and is hard to remove by regular teeth brushing)
- Teeth polishing (using a slow-speed hand-piece with a soft rubber cup that spins, a polishing paste is applied to your teeth and spun around to make them shiny and smooth)
- Fluoride (to help strengthen the teeth, since the acids from bacteria in dental tartar and plaque will have weakened the surfaces. It is best not to eat, drink or rinse for 30 minutes after the fluoride has been applied.)
- Digital X-ray screening (if necessary, to keep record of your teeth, jawbones and bite and to help us foresee and make sure that there are no potential dental problems)
We’re always available to provide you with quality dental care that fits your dental needs and your lifestyle. For dental questions, concerns or dental emergencies, call us at 416-533-3323 or book an appointment today.